Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"

To translate:
"Let them eat cake."
This phrase is commonly associated to Marie Antoinette; but there are no records of these words ever being expressed by her.


Since my plan for Halloween was to channel my inner Marie Antoinette, I needed visual inspiration to prepare for this prestigious role.  Yes, the movie written & directed by Sofia Coppola is basically watching Kirsten Dunst and crew eat, drink, party, drink, shop, and did I mention drink?  However, I think both women did a visually stimulating job in capturing the essence of her reign during the 1700's.





Talk about pressure: At the age of fourteen, she married Louis-Auguste and became the Dauphin of France.  After the death of King Louis XV, her husband ascended the throne of France as King Louis XVI and she assumed the title of Queen of France.  




And did I mention the shoes!? Deep sigh...
Silk, taffeta, lace! Oh my!



Even Christian Louboutin was inspired!



This purse was reminiscent of the era,
and I just thought it was stunning.


Here it is.
The moment you've all been waiting for.
Here I am,
channeling my inner Marie.



~nRm

No comments:

Post a Comment