Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Grill 23

When my best friend flew in from L.A., we discussed where to go for dinner.  I asked what she was in the mood for and she said steak; and that's when I knew, there was only one place I had in mind: Grill 23

Playing at the Copley Square Hotel before dinner:





On Jess: Leopard dress from LF, Banana Republic booties
Vintage ostrich clutch
On me: Rachel Pally dress, Sequin blazer from Saks, 
Sam Edelman zipper booties, Jewelry from H&M
Black studded clutch from Urban Outfitters

"The elegant decor maintains original turn-of-the-century sculpted ceilings and massive Corinthian columns, combined with mahogany paneling, green marble accents, brass detail, and oak wood floors gives Grill 23 its classic, refined ambiance."

Touch of modern: open kitchen

The perfect example of when good bread is the opening act to a good meal.

To start we tried the Yellowtail Carpaccio 
with locally foraged mushroom relish, 
arugula aioli, fingerling potato crisps

I decided to pair it with a glass of 
Riesling - Alsace, Trimbach

Beef.  It's what's for dinner.

For her entree, she went with the Slow Roasted Beef Tenderloin, horseradish marinade, mashed potatoes, port & gorgonzola reduction.

For my entree, I tried the 8oz Twin Filets cooked to a medium rare.
They were so succulent and cooked to perfection.

I decided to pair it with a glass of 
Malbec - Mendoza, Furque

Of all the different styles of potato on the menu, Pommes Frittes, Hash Browns, Blue Mashed, I was drawn to the Cajun Tots, along with my servers approval.  I was hoping for a little more kick in the spicy department; but the tender tot enveloped in a crispy exterior left me satisfied.

Normally I lean towards chocolate when choosing a dessert, but as a team collaboration, we couldn't resist the Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with Almond Macaroons.

"Since 2003, executive Chef Jay Murray has exclusively served USDA Prime, all natural, source verified, humane beef from Brandt Beef in California."

"Grill 23's mission has been to deliver world-class service and the best available product to their guests; including all-natural, humane meats, dayboat seafood and local produce from sustainable farms."

161 Berkeley St
Boston, MA 02116

Click here to read more about their 

-nRm

All statements in quotes & Dining room photo: Grill 23 website

No comments:

Post a Comment